Wednesday, January 6, 2010

Busy Days!

I am finally getting the chance to fill you in on our Tuesday adventures (I may have to fill you in on Wed after a good nights sleep)! Tuesday morning we were met by two very nice tour guides who took us on an all day tour of the city! We had a wonderful time and really saw a lot. Our first stop was a beautifully painted palace (I'll have to look up the name) and our guides gave us the history behind it. Pretty interesting stuff!

They then took us to the South Market for some great shopping. It was so helpful to have someone to translate for us, and they even bartered to get us a lower price on our purchases. We got a lot of great gifts, and a scroll and painting to hang in Christopher's room. We even bought a tiny painting of Seoul all covered in snow to remind us that we were here for the biggest snow storm to hit Seoul in over 80 years!! We visited many other sites around town before stopping for yet another amazing Korean feast! I have loved everything we have tried so far (though I am sure it helps to have a Korean speaking person picking out the best things on the menu)! We took a bus after lunch all the way to the Seoul Tower and took the elevator to the top. What an amazing view of the city...and what a HUGE city it is! We were quite impressed!


We finished our day with a little more shopping at Isadong Market near our hotel. It was a great tour (though it would have been a little more fun if it wasn't so darn cold!)
We came up to the room to warm up after our tour, and we both ended up falling dead asleep! I woke up at 3:30am on Wednesday fully awake and ready to start the day...a bit of a setback in my time zone adjustment, but since we are heading home in a couple days I am sure it will be ok. I'm going to head to bed now, but I will fill you in on our Wednesday adventures when I can see straight! Goodnight from afar!

1 comment:

  1. Your tour sounds fabulous! Oh, you're making me want to be in Seoul right now...

    ReplyDelete