We have been having major computer trouble as of late, so we finally broke down and purchased a new one... I suppose it was time, our last one was over ten years old!! So here I am, finally writing on a nifty new 21st century computer...yeah me! We have had a busy month as usual and we are loving parenthood! Ok maybe not the sleepless nights, but the rest is great :o) We are starting to get a little spring fever around the farm, and I am looking forward to getting outside to plant some flowers....come on snow MELT!! Christopher is fitting right in and seems to be making friends with the critters...at least the inside ones. He tried to pet a pony on the nose this afternoon but was sneezed on...he was mortified and inconsolable...I hope he isn't scarred for life! LOL!
Christopher loves to read, and I snapped a photo of him "reading" the Barnyard Dance (a favorite) to Cee Cee the other day!
They are definitely buddies...they even shop together!




He loves our lab Rosie too. She is very gentle with him, even when he pets a little too hard!
It seems like there is always someone at the farm recuperating from some illness or injury. This month is no exception. Poor Buster tore a ligament in his left rear knee a few weeks ago, and had to have surgery. He has been avoiding the little guy and laying low since he is so sore and can't move around very well. I can hardly believe it, but the following really happened! Well, Buster is a very sentimental critter (if you can say that about a dog). He has a toy, his gingerbread man, that we gave him on his first Christmas home with us in 2005. I can't explain why it still exists...every other stuffed dog toy in our house has been reduced to shreds and fluff in a matter of seconds or minutes at the most, but for some reason the gingerbread man is still here! It is Buster's "lovey" if you will, and the other dogs for some reason just know to leave it alone. Well, apparently Christopher has realized that this toy has a special meaning to him, so when he saw Buster feeling so sad... Christopher brought it from the bedroom into the kitchen to give it to him! Is it possible he is so perceptive at only one year old? I love this little boy!
Christopher has been making some human friends too. On Saturday we attended a belated Lunar New Years party with several other families with Korean adopted children that I have met through our agencies online forum. We all had a blast and it was great to finally meet many of the ladies I have been chatting with throughout our adoption process. They have been such an amazing support system! Here is a picture of our little ones all dressed up for the holiday. Christopher is on the far right with the red hat!
And here he is making a little girlfriend...she was beautiful and I think he had a crush on her! Too cute!
Hopefully now that I have moved into the 21st century technologically speaking, I will be able to update the blog more often. In the mean time, enjoy a little more random cuteness from our little man...




I love seeing all the pictures - he really is such a cutie! That smile is just adorable! We had so much fun meeting you guys and I hope we can get together again sometime :)
ReplyDeleteYay for photos! LOVE those denim overalls!
ReplyDeleteLove the Superman jammies!!! :) It was great meeting you this weekend and I enjoy following your journey with Christopher!:) Hope to see you again soon!
ReplyDeleteChristopher is so adorable. Thanks for making the trip out last Saturday! It was very cute watching Christopher and Julia together. Hope to see you all again soon!
ReplyDelete