Happy St. Patrick's Day! We had a good day today! We slept in late, had a great breakfast and lunch, and spent lots of time outside..can't beat that! It was such a beautiful day and dare I say...Hot! (Yippee!) Christopher and I spent time in the front yard blowing bubbles, singing, and dancing on the lawn. This was the first time he really had fun running around outside with his little shoes on (green of course). He is just such a cutie!

This picture cracks me up...he looks like he is sneaking up on the bubbles!
We have an adorable inflatable Winnie the Pooh Christmas decoration that for the past two years has been covered with feet of snow within a day or two of being put up, so it is generally gone for the winter until the snow melts again. I have vowed that next year we will be putting it on the porch so we actually get to see it for more than one day! Since the last of our snow in the front yard finally melted just last week, we haven't taken the stakes out of the ground yet to put it away. I decided that It would be fun to blow it up so Christopher could see his very own life sized Pooh and friends as it has been buried since he came home. Unfortunately, he was not impressed! I am not sure if he thought they were going to eat him or what, but it definitely did not have the desired effect! Better luck next year!
We got a little car for him to ride in for our shower, so I decided it would be a great day to pull it out of the box and drive it around...the only problem was I didn't know it would come in so many pieces!! We pulled them all out into the yard and he helped to make it more comfortable by pulling up dead grass by the fistfull over and over and covering the seat while I worked. I guess it looked like it needed more padding! We never got to test ride it, because I put the front wheels on wrong and had to have Phil take it all apart when he got home....oops.
By the time dad finally got it fixed we were inside tending to wounds....Christopher took off running in the grass and when he hit the edge of the driveway with his little green shoes, he tripped and took a face plant into the concrete!!! Ouch!! Poor little guy! He has quite the goose egg on his forehead and a little "road rash" across his nose! We tried to make it better with the boo boo bunny, but ended up settling for a junior sized ice cream cooler (ok probably not the best thing to feed your one year old, but he liked and it made him feel better, so sue me!) ;o)

Despite the minor injuries and near death by inflatable cartoon characters, we had a lot of fun and a good day! Hopefully he will sleep well tonight and we will get a chance to take his new wheels for a real test drive tomorrow! In the meantime we will be dreaming of green (not brown) grass! Here is a little more cuteness for your enjoyment!
Self Portrait :o)


Love his green outfit and looking forward to seeing pics of him in the car !!! :)
ReplyDeleteHe is adorable!!
ReplyDeleteWhat a cutie-pie. We have the same car and it took some serious WORK to put it together. But O loves it. Hope he does too :)
ReplyDeleteHe is just soooooo cute! I feel bad but I totally laughed out loud at that picture of him running from Pooh! Matthew had a similar incident with a talking Elmo....don't you feel so bad when something you think will make them laugh has the opposite effect instead?!?!?! :) Christopher is doing so well to walk on the grass - our lawn is so uneven that Matthew falls down after one step, gets back up, and falls right down again! It is so great to be outside, though :)
ReplyDelete