Tuesday, December 29, 2009

Packing....

We are booked and ready to go! We will leave for Korea on Saturday morning and arrive in Seoul on Sunday afternoon!! I can't believe we are going to meet our son on Monday! I have been busy packing our bags and tying up loose ends. It has been a bit crazy at work canceling patients and figuring out our future schedule on such short notice! Luckily most of them have been very supportive and understanding. We borrowed a large suitcase to take from my in-laws and I have already filled it with stuff for Christopher and gifts we have to take along, so packing our own clothes is going to be a bit of a challenge. We were thrilled to get an updated well baby check from both November and December today along with a couple updated pictures. Our little guy is up to 22 lbs, has two bottom teeth and four top teeth coming in (yikes, I guess he is teething) and has started walking three steps at a time!! I am so glad I have a little better idea of his size so I can bring appropriately sized clothes for him. We will meet him on Monday, spend Tuesday and Wednesday touring the city (we're not sure yet if we will get to see him on these days) and we will get to pick him up forever on Thursday Jan 7th!! This is known as "Family Day" or "Gotcha Day" in the adoption community! It is absolutely freezing in Korea right now, with snow predicted several days next week, so we should feel right at home! :o) I have posted our latest pic of our little guy....I just love that hair!

3 comments:

  1. Dear Karen and Phil,

    We are so happy for you! I am reading your blog, and I am so excited for you. Your little boy will be so much fun. Give him a hug for us. We wish you the very best in your travels. Keep us posted on your adventures.
    Love, Alexander, Diana and Gil

    ReplyDelete
  2. WoHOOOOO!! Just a few more days and he will be in your arms forever!! Love the hair!! What a sweet heart!

    Lori (revvie1)

    ReplyDelete