3 years ago
Sunday, August 22, 2010
It's Official!!
We finally had our day in court last Thursday, and Christopher's adoption is now official....and he is officially a US citizen!! Whoo hoo! It was a great day! Our judge was great. We took lots of photos afterwards, but to my total embarrassment, Christopher hit the poor judge on the side of the head in attempts to get his glasses! He was a great sport about it though, and just laughed. If you look closely at the photo with the judge, you will notice that Christopher was "petting" him! When I realized what was happening, I tried to stop him but the judge just laughed and said it was "ok", he was just curious. The judge pretended to let Christopher beat him up afterwards and it had our little man in a fit of giggles. It was great that he was such a kid (or crazy toddler) friendly person! We had a small group of family members join us at the court house and we all went out to dinner afterwards. I can't even begin to describe how relieved I feel to finally be his "legal" parents...even if we have know for a long time now that we are a family and there is nothing that will ever change that!! We took advantage of the fact that we were all dressed up for once to have our first professional family portraits taken that evening. What a great way to remember such a wonderful day!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Oh my goodness... the petting of the judge's head? Hilarious! Congrats :)
ReplyDeleteCongrats!!!! So happy for all of you!!!
ReplyDeleteFirst let me say, that suit - ADORABLE! Congratulations on finalizing the adoption. I know it feels so great to know that it is official :)
ReplyDeleteHe is SO handsome!!!! I love the pictures, the memory of him petting the judge is going to be priceless :)
ReplyDeleteCongatulations! Such a happy day and he looks adorable in that suit!
ReplyDeleteI just LOVE that he was petting the judge's head. How wonderfully curious and confident! :-)
ReplyDelete