OK - I realize that it has been a ridiculously long time since I have updated on the trip, and I'm not sure anyone really cares at this point, but since I hope this blog will help me remember someday and I want to get through this before I post about our latest adventures... here goes ;o)
I loved going to Sea World as a kid! At some point in my childhood I even wanted to be a dolphin trainer, so I was really excited to take Christopher to see Shamu and all his friends! We tried to cram in as much fun and as many shows as possible since they close super early in the winter, and Christopher was a trooper the whole time. I was amazed at how mesmerized he was by the live shows and sat still through the whole thing!
We got to feed the dolphins...
Christopher didn't really want to touch the dead fish or feed them himself, but he did want to help us feed them. They were pretty cute and very friendly...and also a little sneaky! This one actually jumped up to the wall and helped himself to a little tray of fish. Little stinker! Too bad I didn't catch that on film! If you look really close you can see the little white tray in his mouth as he swims away with it!
Christopher was super excited to see the manatees...
We checked out all the cool fish....
Visited the polar bears (it was too dark inside to get a picture of the real ones, so this will have to do!)
We really enjoyed the Clyde and Seamore show with sealions, an otter, a walrus..... and some pirates!
Look at that happy boy watching the show - so cute!

He was even worried when the little otter chased the pirates away with a sword! I am amazed at how well he followed along!
I love the walrus...when I was a kid I actually got picked from the audience to come up during the show and kiss the walrus! (and just fyi, those "whiskers" are kind of rubbery! he he)We ended the day with the amazing Orca show! I was impressed they had at least five whales involved including a "tiny" calf that was born in October! How cool is that!
If you look close you can see the whales behind me swimming way down deep in the tank and the baby is on the far left...
Just look at that beautiful boy posing for his fans...I think he's smiling!
Amazing!
Thank you Sea World for another wonderful day! I can't wait to go back again!

Ta Ta For Now!!


I do care about reading the next chapter :) I have been waiting patiently :) Looks like you guys have a blast in Sea World!! I love the Shamu show it is amazing!
ReplyDeleteThanks for sharing and I loved all the pics!
He is adorable!!
ReplyDeleteSea world looks like it had so much for his age, and he seemed to love it all. What a cutie!!
ReplyDelete